Tuesday, December 7, 2021

The Clone Wars - S2E5 - "Landing at Point Rain"

5:08 - Ki-Adi Mundi:  "There is no such thing as luck."  In A New Hope, Obi-Wan says the same thing:  "In my experience, there's no such thing as luck" [1:02:17].

8:42 - Anakin (to Ahsoka):  "Hey, I'm worried about him too, but you have to keep your mind in the here and now; otherwise, we'll never be able to help Obi-Wan."  This echoes what Qui-Gon tells Obi-Wan at the beginning of The Phantom Menace:  "Keep your concentration here and now where it belongs" [3:16].

11:52 - Anakin:  "Hey, it's not my fault."  "It's not my fault" also appears three times in The Empire Strikes Back.  Han [1:07:00 and 1:07:02] and Lando [1:56:52] both say this when the Millennium Falcon's hyperdrive doesn't work.  Han also says, "It's not my fault" in Return of the Jedi as he's explaining to Jabba why he didn't pay him [20:26], and in A New Hope, C-3PO, speaking to Luke after R2 disappears, has a similar line:  "It wasn't my fault, sir" [26:21].

12:17 - Ki-Adi Mundi:  "All I can do is trust my instincts. "  This bears some resemblance to what Qui-Gon tells Anakin before the podrace in The Phantom Menace:  "Feel, don't think; use your instincts" [57:47].

13:07 - Anakin:  "Ahsoka and I will handle this."  This is similar to what Qui-Gon says (referring to himself and Obi-Wan) when Darth Maul appears in The Phantom Menace:  "We'll handle this" [1:50:29].  To a lesser degree, it's also similar to Obi-Wan's "Anakin and I can handle this" in Attack of the Clones [2:03:07].