Tuesday, July 26, 2022

The Clone Wars - S3E16 - "Altar of Mortis"

1:42 - Son (to Anakin):  "Join me, and together we can change the balance of the universe, my friend."  Twice in The Empire Strikes Back, Vader says similar things to Luke:  "Join me, and I will complete your training" [1:50:39] and "Join me, and together we can rule the galaxy as father and son" [1:51:45], and in Attack of the Clones, Count Dooku says something similar to Obi-Wan:  "You must join me, Obi-Wan, and together we will destroy the Sith!" [1:33:06].

3:03 - Obi-Wan (to Anakin):  What in the blazes are you talking about?"  He uses this same expression in Attack of the Clones:  "What in the blazes is he [Anakin] doing there [on Tatooine]?" [1:22:27].

6:56 - Obi-Wan:  "Anakin:  always on the move."  He uses this same expression to describe Anakin in Revenge of the Sith too:  "Always on the move" [10:01].

8:02 - Father:  "I am not dead yet."  This seems to be a reference to what Obi-Wan says of himself in A New Hope:  "Oh, he's not dead, not yet" [31:24].

8:12 - Son (to the Father):  "I hate you!"  Vader also says this to Obi-Wan near the end of Revenge of the Sith [2:00:15].

13:07 - Son:  "I have done what is right or what is wrong, depending on your point of view."  This seems to be a reference to either Anakin's "From my point of view, the Jedi are evil" in Revenge of the Sith [1:58:33] or Obi-Wan's "from a certain point of view" in Return of the Jedi [46:23].

18:23 - Anakin screams "No!" after Ahsoka falls.  In terms of masters and apprentices, this is something of the opposite of situations in The Phantom Menace, where Obi-Wan screams "No!" after Qui-Gon is struck down [1:59:48], and in A New Hope, where Luke screams "No!" after Obi-Wan is struck down [1:32:24].  In different circumstances, Vader also screams "No!" in Revenge of the Sith [2:08:43], and Luke does so in The Empire Strikes Back [1:51:30].