Tuesday, March 21, 2023

The Clone Wars - S5E6 - "The Gathering"

1:29 - Petro (about the prospect of building a lightsaber):  "That is so wizard!"  Anakin's friend Kitster uses the same expression in The Phantom Menace:  "This is so wizard, Ani!" [54:25].

9:11 - Zatt (to Katooni):  "Good luck."
and
10:09 - Ganodi:  "Good luck, Gungi."

In The Empire Strikes Back, an unidentified Rebel pilot wishes Luke good luck [36:02] and Luke wishes Lando good luck [2:00:09], and in Return of the Jedi, Han and Lando wish each other good luck [Han to Lando at 50:33 and Lando to Han at 52:21].

11:15 - Ganodi (after she falls through a hole in the floor):  "Now what?"  Han Solo also wonders, "Now what!?" during Princess Leia's rescue in A New Hope [1:18:11].

11:47 - Petro (after what he thought was his crystal melts):  "But that's impossible."  The context is quite different, but in The Empire Strikes Back, Luke also says, "That's impossible" [1:51:21].

11:52 - Yoda:  "So certain were you?"  In The Empire Strikes Back, he says almost the same thing to Luke after Luke complains that he and R2 will never get his X-wing out of the swamp:  "So certain are you?" [1:09:00].

12:35 - Zatt (about his scanner):  "That's impossible.  It's saying there's crystals everywhere, but I can't see anything."  An-other use of "That's impossible."

15:03 - Ganodi:  "I'm not afraid.  I can do this; I'm a Jedi."  Luke says two of these lines in the original trilogy:  "I'm not afraid" in The Empire Strikes Back [57:22] and "I am a Jedi" in Return of the Jedi [1:54:15].  Anakin also says, "I'm a Jedi" in Attack of the Clones [1:26:05].

15:39 - Petro:  "I'm running out of time."  Qui-Gon has a similar line in The Phantom Menace:  "Either way, we're running out of time" [40:07].

20:03 - Katooni (to Petro):  "I knew you'd come back."  At the end of A New Hope, Luke also says this to Han:  "I knew you'd come back; I just knew it" [1:57:54].