Tuesday, March 7, 2023

The Clone Wars - S5E4 - "The Soft War"

0:20 - Narrator:  "With their training complete, Obi-Wan and Anakin have left Ahsoka on Onderon to monitor and advise the rebels as they continue to strike Separatist targets under the command of Steela Gerrera."  Vader uses a similar expression in The Empire Strikes Back when he tells Luke, "Join me, and I will complete your training" [1:50:39], and the Emperor uses it in Return of the Jedi (also speaking to Luke):  "I am looking forward to completing your training" [1:31:04].

7:15 - Steela:  "And rescuing him [King Dendup] will, will not be easy."  In A New Hope, General Dodonna uses the same expression while describing the plan of attack against the Death Star:  "The approach will not be easy" [1:40:08].

7:20 - Steela:  "Lux, please don't look at me like that."  In Attack of the Clones, Padmé says the same thing (to Anakin):  "Please don't look at me like that" [29:31].

7:49 - Obi-Wan:  "I sense fear in you, Ahsoka."  Yoda says almost the same thing to Anakin in The Phantom Menace:  "I sense much fear in you" [1:30:51].

8:04 - Obi-Wan:  "Do not underestimate the king's power."  Warnings against underestimation occur twice in Return of the Jedi.  Luke tells Jabba, "It's your choice, but I warn you not to underestimate my powers" [24:26], and later Yoda tells Luke, "Luke, do not, do not underestimate the powers of the Emperor" [43:31].  In The Phantom Menace, Nute Gunray advises a battle droid, "These Jedi are not to be underestimated" [10:43], and in A New Hope, Vader tells Tarkin, "Don't underestimate the Force" [1:16:33].