Tuesday, May 28, 2024

Rebels - S1E8 - "Gathering Forces"

9:04 - Hera (to Kanan in the Phantom):  "Detach!"  Han gives the same order to Chewbacca in The Empire Strikes Back, to separate the Millennium Falcon from a Star Destroyer as the Imperial fleet breaks up [1:15:50].

14:05 - An Imperial Star Destroyer flies overhead as a shuttle exits it, which is the same way that Return of the Jedi starts:



14:37 - Grand Inquisitor (to a group of stormtroopers, referring to Kanan and Ezra):  "I want them alive."  Vader gives the same command to the stormtroopers in A New Hope ("Bring me the passengers; I want them alive!" [6:08]) and to the bounty hunters in The Empire Strikes Back ("You are free to use any methods necessary, but I want them alive, no disintegrations" [1:06:14]).

18:10 - Ezra:  "I feel so cold."  This comes after an experience with the dark side of the Force, so it's similar to Luke's reaction to the cave on Dagobah in The Empire Strikes Back where he says, "I feel cold" and Yoda explains, "That place is strong with the dark side of the Force.  A domain of evil it is." [1:02:43]